Thursday 12 May 2016

Little Glitter Houses

So as you can probably see from my header image, I'm really into making these at the moment. These are made using the basic Village Dwelling die from Tim Holtz / Sizzix. The dies cut out the basic house shape from whatever material you want to use. How you build and decorate them is entirely up to you.  This is my particular take on them, but no house will ever come out the same twice.


Making the houses is the easy bit I've found this week. Taking a decent picture of them is a whole other nightmare. I'm sure it'll get easier...hopefully! I haven't thought of names for any of them yet, but as I'm hoping to sell a few on Etsy at some point I'll get to this later. I'd love to hear your suggestions...


I don't know why but this one looks like a Derek or a Norman to me. Don't you think he looks like a little man with a bow tie and a matching pork-pie hat..? Just me then...! :)


The four large trees in the background were bought online, but as I said in my previous blog, I have found a method of making them myself which means I can make as many as I like in any size and colour I want.  All the small trees attached to the house bases are ones I've made.  


The two tiny ones on this blue house were some of my first, but as you can see from the other houses, I'm getting better at them. :)  I love making them they're so much fun, and when you add some glue and glitter they make perfect little Christmas Trees.


I've added hinges to all of my houses to give access to the Battery LED Tealight inside, and a magnetic closure so you can pick them up by the roof without the base falling open. 


Alli xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.