Wednesday 11 May 2016

Card Making

A couple of years ago I discovered the Create and Craft channel on TV. I had never realised that there were so many people out there who love making things as much as I do. I quickly learned a lot of techniques for paper crafting that I'd never heard of and found craft products I never knew existed.




Before I found paper craft I used to do a lot of pencil drawings, but it was too detailed and slow-going. (I'll add a blog on these another time). I had wanted to do something more colourful and more interesting, so Card Making was ideal. I bought a Sizzix Big Shot die cutting machine and tentatively started making cards for friends and family.


As I got more confident and started adding different backgrounds and embellishments and I started stamping and colouring images. I've made some right howlers (sorry to those who've received them! lol), but some I'm relatively happy with and I've ditched a few techniques in favour of others as I've gone on.






I now find I keep coming back to my favourite designers and products - Tim Holtz / SizzixBarbara Gray / Clarity StampHobby ArtInky DoodlesLawn Fawn to name just a few. 

I. also ventured in to Digital Card Making through Serif Craft Artist and Daisytrail which if you're short on space for storing lots of craft products is ideal. I quite like to use it alongside traditional paper crafting, it gives you greater flexibility especially if you're making lots of the same designs of a card.

I started to make my own envelopes and developed a home-made measuring board that I use in conjunction with the Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board to make envelopes exactly the size to fit my cards (since my cards almost never come out a standard size, let alone the same size twice!).  


And now I make my own gift bags to match my envelopes. I'll do a separate blog about envelopes and bags another time, because there's a lot I want to share on this.

Alli xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.