Sunday 15 May 2016

Brownstone Church / Chapel with Bell Tower

How excited was I to receive my brand new just-released Die from the Tim Holtz 'Village' range yesterday - 'Brownstone'?! I straight away set about creating my first little house and as with the Village Dwelling, the first one had to be the Chapel / Church with Bell Tower.

I chose to paint this one in one of my favourite chalky finish paints - 'Vintage' by DecoArt.  Its fast-drying and gives a lovely matt finish. I used Vintage Photo distress ink on the walls just to make them look a bit more lived-in.  For the roof I used a Sizzix Texture Fades 'Notebook' embossing folder to give the appearance of wood panelling. I gave it a coat of silver grey paint and covered it with Glitter.  


I did the same for the Bell Tower roof.  The little bell was added before the roof was glued on.


The doors and windows were left white but again I used 'Vintage Photo' distress inks to tone them down and age them a little. I glue frosted acetate behind the windows and doors just to soften the look, especially if using an LED tealight inside.  


I hope you like this one?  I love the simplicity of this design by Tim, its a joy to make and I think leaving this one quite plain has worked well. I'm already on my second Brownstone, this one won't include the Bell Tower but will be more detailed.  I'll post that soon. :)

Thanks for visiting.
Alli xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.